Goop's Cabbage Dim Sum
What You Need:
1 pound dark meat ground chicken (I use beyond meat burger patties and break them up to resemble ground meat)
1 bunch scallions, minced
5 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons minced ginger
1 tablespoon gluten-free tamari (I don't add this and they still come out delicious)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
for the rolls:
1 head of green or savoy cabbage (I find savoy is better)
for the dipping sauce: (I don't use a dipping sauce but I am sure it tastes good)
¼ cup gluten-free tamari
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
¼ teaspoon chili oil (optional)
1. Combine fixings for the filling and sautee until brown and ready.
2. Bowl water and set aside a bowl of ice water.
3. Carefully place cabbage in boiling water with tongs. After 45-60 seconds, pull cabbage from the boiling water and remove layers of soft leaves. Put them in the ice water.
4. Continue doing this until you have about 10 leaves. Dry the blanched leaves.
5. Lay out leaves and place filling. Gently fold the leaves closed.
6. Boil another pot of water and then steam the folded dumplings till ready.
8. Prepare the dipping sauce by combining the ingredients.
Recipe from Goop has been amended - but you can find the original on Goop.com